Friday, April 29, 2011

Humanism

My last post was about the 1950s housewife cliche, but I still find it to be completely relevant with a very important message. We are forgetting how to interact with each other. We have become so self-absorbed that it has broken our innerconnectvity. We have become so focused that we have lost sight of the bigger picture. We must reclaim our humanity.

We don't need labels. We don't need dogma. We don't need racism, sexism, or any -ism. We absolutely will never achieve equality by making reparations or any other such nonsense. I think the human race as a whole has made it through its adolescence and we will always owe gratitude to those who showed us how to find ourselves. But now we need to step it up, think globally, and adjust the focus outward. Stop asking, "What do I get out of this?" and start asking "What can I put into it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment